Does your mother also verbal abuse you for no reason? Always belittle, degrading the living hell out of you? I’m afraid to disclose, your mother is a Toxic Narcissistic Mother and will never be happy on what ever you do. She will constantly look for things on which she can yell at you, scold you for no apparent reason. The reason might not be big enough but she will make a big fuss out of it and ridicule you in-front of your friends or close pals. Here are our Top 100 Toxic Narcissistic Mother Quotes which will help you in keeping at a distance from such personalities which only effects your mental health and do you no good! Let’s not waste any more time and dive in!
Narcissistic Mother Behaviour Quotes
1. A woman who demonstrates narcissistic behaviour – not assuming their role as a mother, they tend to view the world in a childish way, filtering everything through their own needs and wants.
2. If toxic mothers clearly understood how their actions affect their children’s growth negatively, they wouldn’t be toxic in the first place.
3. Children find comfort in their mothers, and they are the biggest source of inspiration. But, at times, mothers can negatively influence their children.
4. With toxic mothers, it’s all about control and manipulation.
5. Sadly, most toxic mothers don’t even know that the unhealthy behaviour they display to their children is toxic in the first place.
6. A toxic mother feeds lies, rebuke, ignorance, humiliation, and other negative traits to her child.
7. Narcissistic and toxic moms have zero regards for their children’s feelings and will trample on them at will.
8. Ideally, parents should correct their children whenever they go wrong. It is a part of a child’s development. But a toxic parent is someone who criticises unnecessarily and seldom uses words of appreciation or encouragement for their child.
9. Most toxic mothers are not necessarily bad mothers. It’s just that their toxic behaviour blinds them of the reality and effects their toxic behaviour has on their children.
10. Toxic Mother will downplay her child’s accomplishments and coax them to push their limits.
Hurtful Toxic Mother Quotes
11. When it comes to toxic mothers, you are always wrong and they are always right.
12. I love the person I have become because I fought to become her.
13. If the child aces math, she will grumble about them not being good in sports. She can never be happy with anything the child does.
14.A mother provides feedback to make her children learn from their mistakes and improve their skills. But a toxic mother offers only negative feedback or destructive criticism.
15. Toxic moms are self-absorbed parents which is why they are controlling and possessive in the first place to their children.
16. Don’t hate your toxic mother. Yes, she may be toxic but she is still the only mom on this earth who had the right genes to have you. So respect your mother, toxic or not which will attract blessings in your life.
17. Sometimes, all it takes is a simple act of unconditional love and kindness on your part to eradicate all the toxic behaviour your toxic mother has.
18. Toxic mother seeks perfection from her children and disapproves of anything that does not match her set standards. If her child is weak in something, she will constantly taunt, scold, or even call them hurtful names.
19. The difference between a healthy and toxic mother is that the former allows her children to freely express themselves without judgement while the latter won’t allow her children to freely express themselves without being judged harshly.
20. Toxic mothers plant seeds of guilt, low self-esteem and low self-worth into their daughters which further manifests when those daughters get into their own relationships making them extremely needy or even toxic just like their own moms.
Self-Involved Toxic Mother Quotes
21. Hate is the complement of fear and narcissists like being feared. It imbues them with an intoxicating sensation of omnipotence.
22. I will never hate my toxic mother no matter how toxic she may be. I just won’t allow her toxicity to affect my life.
23. The shared secret and the shared denial are the most horrible aspects of incest.
24. You can’t blame your mother for being toxic. All you can do is to help her understand that you are still her precious biological child and will love her no matter what by your godly character and positivity.
25. I wanted my mother to love me. Despite all the torture and brutality. ~ Karyl McBride
26. Walking away from someone you love is not an immoral thing. If that person isn’t good for your wellbeing in any way, it’s important to step away from that relationship. ~ Arien Smith
27. Anyone can have a child and call themselves “a parent”. A real parent is someone who puts that child above their own selfish needs and wants.
28. The child may have got an A in all the subjects, but a toxic mother is unhappy because the neighbor’s child got an A+ in two subjects. ~ Toxic Narcissistic Mother Quotes
29. Our society has a twisted sense of motherhood. They believe that all mothers are kind, tender, gentle, and loving. Unfortunately, not all women who give birth to children are a good parent. Not all women are fit to be mothers. ~ Dana Arcuri
30. Just as an apple can’t fall far from its parent tree, toxic love and drama are always close by where toxic moms are around.
Mean Mom Quotes
31. A toxic mother constantly compares her child and overlooks their merits. She might even make comparisons between siblings.
32. Sexual abuse by the mother is considered to he one of the most traumatic forms of abuse. In some ways it’s the ultimate betrayal. ~ Cameron West
33. We want desperately to believe that every mother falls in love with her baby at first sight and that the complexity of relationships, so evident elsewhere as part of the human condition, is totally absent from the connection between mother and child. ~ Peg streep
34. Love your toxic mother unconditionally with all your heart and give her the respect she deserves as your mother but don’t let her drama affect your happiness.
35. Toxic mothers always remain the strangest, craziest people we’ve ever met. ~ Marguerite Duras.
36. Nancy was as proud as she was critical of her younger daughter. She spoke glowingly about the precocious little girl who said her first sentence at seven months and walked at ten months. ~ Joan Frances Casey
37. A toxic mother neither accepts nor appreciates her child’s efforts.
38. To be in your children’s memories tomorrow, you have to be in their lives today.
39. We are all born same, we are completely cute, innocent, sweet, and we need that reflection of ourselves as little human beings to live, and I was not receiving that from my mother but there was a caretaker who did give me that.
40. Denying a child the joy and memories of being with the other parent is an act of “pure evil”.
Toxic Abusive Mother Quotes
41. Daughters of Narcissistic Mothers go through a grieving process. This is in turn is part of the healing process. We only get one mother, and it is a huge loss accepting the fact.
42. It hurts to have a child removed from you for no reason at all. But think about the pain of the child who is being used to hurt you. Now that’s painful.
43. Toxic Mother feels that if the child continues to do well without her, she will lose her importance. Hence, she prefers showing no excitement for their success.
44. Being a selfish parent is a sign of not having learned from experience.
45. If a child accidentally breaks a glass bowl, the mother’s reaction is to check if they got hurt. But a toxic mother curses and abuses.
46. Instead of treating your child like how you were treated. Treat them with the same love and attention you wanted from your parents while growing up.
47. Every child needs to be disciplined and learn to respect elders. Parents should put in the lesson through love and affection.
48. A toxic mother chooses the other way and gets aggressive or tries emotional blackmail to get the child to do what she wants in the name of respect.
49. They should love you, just as you are. Parents should love their kids, right?” “You’d think so.” ~ N.R. Walker
50. If children fear and get anxious when dealing with their mother, it means a wrong approach is being used.
Degrading Narcissistic Mother Quotes
51. Toxic Mothers use fear to get their kids to obey—unconditionally and without hesitation.
52. Toxic Mothers raise the cost of being vulnerable and needing anything from other people.
53. I don’t need a reason to exist, and I don’t need anyone’s permission to exist. I’m the warrant, as well as the sentence.
54. Selfishness stems from a sense of heart poverty, from the perception that love is scarce.
55. The silent treatment is another effective weapon in a toxic mother’s arsenal used against a child to do what she wants. It makes the child feel guilty even when they haven’t done wrong.
56. When a child raises points against their toxic mother, a toxic mother will blame them for being too negative.
57. The child may only be reacting, but since the mother wants to control, she will blame them for their behavior. In the end, the child will regret raising their voice or speaking against their mother. ~ Toxic Narcissistic Mother Quotes
58. Dysfunctional parents do not apologise. It is one feature that the children of narcissists would instantly agree on. They will lie and justify themselves, but never accept they did anything wrong. ~ Diana Macey
59. I hope to one day be able to love as passionately and selflessly as other parents do for their children.
60. One of the sharpest weapons a toxic mother wields against her child is guilt. Each time her child speaks up against her toxic behaviour, she will cry in despair and blame the child for making her feel bad.
Verbal Abuse Toxic Mother Quotes
61. Narcissistic Mothers and grown up daughter, the hell of a narcissistic family.
62. Leave your pride, ego, and narcissism somewhere else. Reactions from those parts of you will reinforce your children’s most primitive fears. ~ Henry Cloud
63. Narcissistic mother manipulates her children so that she becomes the victim, and they feel ungrateful for hurting their mother by speaking against them.
64. A toxic narcissistic mother will dismiss the child as being too sensitive or over-reacting.
65. If mental abuse was a punishable crime, a lot of parents would be in jail serving a long term. ~ Maddy Malhotra
66. In the Narcissistic parent’s eyes, they do no wrong nor do they feel they should be held accountable for the bad and wrong things that they have done. ~ Katherine Childress
67. A toxic mother does not consider your privacy. Since she wants to control every aspect of your life, she will deny you privacy. ~ Toxic Narcissistic Mother Quotes
68. Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being. ~ Kittie Frantz
69. Everything is about her needs, wants, emotions, and feelings. A toxic mother will not consider her child’s opinion or suggestion.
70. Toxic narcissistic mother will ensure that the child feels obligated to ignore their own choice and instead toe the line for the sake of their mother’s happiness.
Insensitive Mother Quotes
71. They should love you, just as you are. Parents should love their kids, right?” “You’d think so.” ~ N.R. Walker
72. Parents are the last people on earth who ought to have children. ~ Samuel Butle
73. A toxic mother leaves no opportunity to remind her child of the sacrifices she has made for them. She does it to make them feel responsible for making her happy.
74. No man should bring children into the world who is unwilling to persevere to the end in their nature and education. ~ Plato
75. A toxic mother cannot handle confrontation. So, she will avoid any conversation that involves her child pointing out her flaws.
76. An absent father needs to realise his child’s needs before it is too late.
77. Toxic mother will either hang up the phone on them or walk out mid-conversation. Having a meaningful conversation with a toxic mother is next to impossible.
78. Children’s minds are malleable and easy to influence. And a toxic mother uses this to her advantage. ~ Toxic Narcissistic Mother Quotes
79. Anyone can be a father but it takes someone special to be a dad.
80. Did you have parents or just some people who thought they should own somebody? ~ Catherine Lacey
Selfish Toxic Mother Quotes
81. What makes a narcissistic mother so scary? Her absolute power and controlling influence. A narcissistic mother is you only friend at-least un-till you are old enough to go to school.
82. Toxic mother may have called you numerous names and criticized you, but it is time you leave that negative energy behind and start rebuilding yourself. ~ Toxic Narcissistic Mother Quotes
83. To all you parents out there, don’t make your little girls, or little boys, so thirsty for love that they will want to drink water that will poison them. ~ Lisa Bedrick
84. Parenting is not for sissies. You have to sacrifice and grow up. ~ Jillian Michaels
85. Respect to all moms doing double duty because of men failing to do their part as dads. ~ John Mark Green
86. Every child is expected to do well in life and make parents proud. But it should not be done at the cost of their happiness. A child should not feel pressured or responsible for their parent’s happiness.
87. Dear selfish father from the mother of a dadyless daughter..i just want to say ..Thank you and you are welcome.
88. The best way to deal with a Toxic Mother is by healing yourself from experience and changing your outlook in life.
89. In reality the world is as full of bad mothers as it is of bad fathers, and it is not the motherless children who become delinquent but the fatherless ones. ~ Louis de Bernieres
90. The first thing you need to do about a toxic mother when trying to heal from a traumatic experience is to acknowledge that you are hurt. Humans deny specific experiences fearing they may not be able to deal with them.
Evil Mother Quotes
91.It is the self parents who are to blame. Pay attention. Be involved in your children’s lives. They are your legacy, your only hope. ~ Aaron B. Powell
92. Your toxic mother may have created a bad image of you in your head. It’s time to change it to the actual image by involving in self-awareness activities.
93. Permissiveness is the principle of treating children as if they were adults; and the tactic of making sure they never reach that stage. ~ Thomas Szasz
94. Most children would rather preserve the fantasy of a loving connection with their fathers and mothers, at all costs, even if it costs them their self-esteem. ~ Keith Ablow
95. To heal completely from a toxic mother, you need to take care of your physical health. Develop a routine of waking up and going to bed at a specific time. ~ Toxic Narcissistic Mother Quotes
96. As long as you continue to react so strongly to them, you give them the power to upset you, which allows them to control you.
97. When you’re three or seven years old, it’s less frightening to think of yourself as an unlovable, disappointing screwup than to recognize the fact that you’re living with a monster. ~ Keith Ablow
98. Children are not born for the benefit of their parents, neither are they the property of their family. Children belong to the future. ~ Anthon St. Maarten
99. I am not a good mother. I am in fact a bad mother. I love my husband more than I love my children. ~ Ayelet Waldman
100. I make a bad mom, but I can pull off a crazy aunt. ~ Ilona Andrews