For many people inspiration comes from different things in life, some look after their elders, some celebrities while other look for inspirational personalities who are no more here but have left a great impact on this world. They tried making this world a better place when they stayed in this world. Here we are listing Top 100 Buddha Quotes on Friendship which teaches us empathy, wisdom, sincerity and honesty and for how we should treat everyone, in particular our friends with such beautiful traits. What are we waiting for then, get inspire and share!
Buddha Quotes On Friendship
1. Good friends, companions, and associates are the whole of the spiritual life.
2. A true friend is one who stands by you in need.
3. Friendship is the only cure for hatred, The only guarantee of peace.
4. A friend is someone who knows everything about your life and still loves you.
5. Be a good friend not only with other human beings, but also to yourself. — Ajahn Brahm
6. Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
7. Happiness is a choice, not a result.
8. A friend gives what is hard to give, and does what’s hard to do. They put up with your harsh words, and with things hard to endure.
9. Friendship is the only cure for hatred, The only guarantee of peace.
10. Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle and the life of that candle will not be shortened, likewise happiness never decreases by sharing.
Amazing Quotes on Friendship
11. A true Friend’s silence hurts more than an enemy’s rough words.
12. A friend accepts you for whoever you are, even the bad parts. This is because they value the friendship more than anything else. This is real love.
13. A good friend who points out mistakes and imperfections and rebukes evil is to be respected as if he reveals the secret of some hidden treasure. — Dalai Lama XIV
14. Each morning we are born again, what we do today is what matters most.
15. If you knew what I know about the power of giving you would not let a single meal pass without sharing it in some way.
16. People come and go in life. The ones who are ready to be with you matters. They make a great impression in your heart.
17. Should you find a wise critic to point out your faults, follow him as you would a guide to hidden treasure.
18. We will develop love, we will practice it, we will make it both a way and a basis. — The Buddha
19. Good friends are like stars. You don’t always see them, But you know they are there.
20. Hatred does not cease through hatred at any time. Hatred ceases through love. This is an unalterable law.
Genuine Buddha Quotes On Friendship
21.An insincere and evil friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; a wild beast may wound your body, but an evil friend will wound your mind.
22. When you have a sweet friendship, there’s happiness and joy all around you. It makes life easier to deal with. The soul gets refreshed from this.
23. As you walk and eat and travel, be where you are. Otherwise, you will miss most of your life.
24. Should you find a wise critic to point out your faults, follow him as you would a guide to hidden treasure.
25. One who has spiritual friends abandons what is unwholesome and develops what is wholesome.
26. Should a seeker not find a companion who is better or equal, let them resolutely pursue a solitary course. — The Buddha
27. A sweet friendship refreshes the soul.
28. He who walks in the company of fools suffers much. Company with fools, as with an enemy, is always painful. Company with the wise is pleasure, like meeting with kinfolk.
29. Recognise these four good-hearted friends: the helper, the friend in good times and bad, the counselor, and the one who’s compassionate.
30. Honesty is a difficult thing to deal with. When someone’s honest with you, they care for you. A friend who’s honest is valuable.
Inspirational Buddha Quotes
31. As the dawn is the forerunner of the sunrise, so spiritual friendship is the forerunner of the arising of the factors of enlightenment.
32. In the end, only three things matter: how much you loved, how gently you lived, and how gracefully you let go of things not meant for you.
33. Don’t mix with bad friends, nor with the worst of men. Mix with spiritual friends, and with the best of men.
34. It is better to live alone, there is no friendship with a fool.
35. An outside enemy exists only if there is anger inside. — The Buddha
36. It can be one of the hardest things in life to lose your best friend.
37. He who walks in the company of fools suffers much. Company with fools, as with an enemy, is always painful. Company with the wise is pleasure, like meeting with kinfolk.
38. Regard one who sees your faults as a guide to a hidden treasure. Stay close to one so wise and astute who corrects you when you need it.
39. If you find no one to support you on the spiritual path, walk alone. There is no companionship with the immature.
40. We will develop love, we will practice it, we will make it both a way and a basis.
Real Friendship Buddha Quotes
41. A friend is one of the nicest things you can have, and one of the best things you can be.
42. Regard one who sees your faults as a guide to a hidden treasure. Stay close to one so wise and astute who corrects you when you need it. Sticking close to such an impartial person, things get better, not worse.
43. Your worst enemy is your best teacher.
44. The heart is like a garden, it can grow compassion or fear, resentment or love. What seeds will you plant there?
45. Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth particularly about friendship.
46. As social animals we need friends and what attracts them is trust. And trust grows when we show real concern for others’ well-being.
47. Sincere and loyal friends are hard to find undoubtedly.
48. Health and good friends is the greatest gift, contentment the greatest wealth, faithfulness the best relationship.
49. What is the appropriate behaviour for a man or a woman in the midst of this world, where each person is clinging to his piece of debris?
50. If you live your life honestly and truthfully, you’ll be open and transparent, which leads to trust. And trust leads to friendship.
Top Friendship Quotes
51. Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.
52. The root of suffering is attachment.
53. When you have spiritual friends, spiritual companions, and spiritual associates, you live supported by one thing—diligence in skillfull qualities undoubtedly.
54. Evidently, honest friends will never leave your side.
55. As the dawn is the forerunner of the sunrise, so spiritual friendship is the forerunner of the arising of the factors of enlightenment.
56. Nothing can harm you as much as your own thoughts unguarded.
57. Regard one who sees your faults as a guide to a hidden treasure. Stay close to one so wise and astute who corrects you when you need it.
58. It is a man’s own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
59. Advise and instruct; curb wickedness: for you shall be loved by the good, and disliked by the bad obviously.
60. Friends reveal their secrets to you.
Sincere Friendship Buddha Quotes
61. A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you.
62. No one can escape death and unhappiness. If people expect only happiness from life, they will be disappointed.
63. Ambition is like love, impatient both of delays and rivals.
64. The tongue like a sharp knife, Kills without drawing blood.
65. To be truly happy, your love for the other has to be equanimous, universal. The Buddha’s love was universal he was able to have love for all beings, compassion for all beings without any partiality, so he had no caring about anyone in the sense of actually being upset .. if the person doesn’t like him.
66. Those who are free of resentful thoughts surely find peace.
67. What’s the proper salutation between people as they pass each other in this flood?
68. The trouble is you think, you have time.
69. The tongue is like a sharp knife, kills without drawing blood.
70. He is able who thinks he is able.
Trustworthy Friendship Quotes
71. Every human being is the author of his own health or disease.
72. What you are is what you have been. What you’ll be is what you do now.
73. Just as a candle cannot burn without fire, men cannot live without a spiritual life.
74. Good friends don’t look down on you in times of loss.
75. Emulating consummate conviction, consummate virtue, consummate generosity and consummate discernment. This is called admirable friendship.
76. When you share positivity, you create positivity.
77. Regard one who sees your faults as a guide to a hidden treasure. Stay close to one so wise and astute who corrects you when you need it.
78. Ambition is like love, impatient both of delays and rivals.
79. As a water bead on a lotus leaf, as water on a red lily, does not adhere, so the sage does not adhere to the seen, the heard, or the sensed.
80. Some are just drinking buddies, some call you their dear, dear friend, but a true friend is one who stands by you in need.
Loyal Best Friends Buddha Quotes
81. Friends fight for you, respect you, include you, encourage you, need you, deserve you and stand by you.
82. All that we are is the result of what we have thought.
83. In separateness lies the world’s greatest misery; in compassion lies the world’s true strength.
84. Those who are free of resentful thoughts surely find peace.
85. If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading.
86. It is better to travel well than to arrive.
89. It is during our dark times that we must focus to see the light.
90. A friend gives what is hard to give, and does what’s hard to do. They put up with your harsh words, and with things hard to endure.
Honest Friendship Buddha Quotes
91. The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows.
92. Good friends reveal their secrets to you and not to others.
93. Do not overrate what you have received, nor envy others. He who envies others does not obtain peace of mind.
94. There is no path to happiness, happiness is the path.
95. Everything in moderation, including moderation.
96. A generous heart, kind speech, and a life of service and compassion are the things which renew humanity, that is a great friend.
97. If we could see the miracle of a single flower clearly, our whole life would change.
98. Honest friends create an honest impact on your life.
99. Radiate boundless love towards the entire world.
100. Do not hurt your friends for they always care for you.